Getting treatment for anxiety does not mean it’s a quick fix solution, but it takes months to years to see improvements through traditional methods. This article lists things you can do to reduce the amount of stress, depression, and anxiety that maybe plaguing your life.
Reducing Anxiety and Depression
- Meditate or pray.
- Avoid alochol, because this may lead to sleep problems or even trigger panic attacks.
- Stop smoking. The nicotine can cause panic attacks in some people.
- Stop having caffiene. Caffiene sources include coffee and soft drinks.
- Exercise burns up stress causing chemicals such as adrenaline and cortisol, and this will help you to relax.
- Exercise also boosts serotonin, which is an feel-good endorphin, it’ll also help reduce sleep abnormalities, a factor in a stressed brain. If your depression is linked to your appearance, then exercise will positively help boost self-esteem by reshaping the way you look at yourself.
- Create small, obtainable goals for yourself, then once you reach your goal, reward yourself.
- Learn and practice various relaxation techniques.
- Seek social support from friends.
- Manage your time more effectively; keep a daily planner.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get a proper amount of sleep.
- Eat regular, balanced meals.